In Daniel 4, a watcher from heaven decree, “Let his mind be changed from a man’s, and let a beast’s mind be given to him; and let seven periods of time pass over him”. This gives us the impression that a mind can be altered and changed. It was a negative transformation in this instance. A positive change, however, is also feasible. 2 Timothy 1:7, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” In this instance, you can see how the Holy Spirit can influence your thoughts and grant you a sound mind.
We have now laid the groundwork for a prayer for the mind. While there are numerous prayers that we could offer. It is a good idea to seek inspiration from Apostle Paul. He compares the Christian to a soldier, an athlete, and a diligent farmer in 2 Timothy 2: 1–7. You can ask God to shape your thoughts and change your mind. Changed into a soldier’s, an athlete’s, and a hardworking farmer’s mind. The soldier is defined by discipline and a strong sense of mission. The athlete is driven by achievements, breaking records and rewriting history. The farmer understands productivity and wealth creation. You can pray for this kind of mind.
1. Father, give me the mind of a soldier.
2. My Father, grant me the strength to face the battles of my mission.
3. Father, teach my hands to war and my fingers to do battle. (Psalms 144:1)
4. Father, give me the mind of an elite athlete.
5. My father, grant me the mentality of a record breaker.
6. Father, give me the mind of a diligent farmer so that I can increase my productivity.
7. My father teach me to create value and monetise value. Grant me the mind of a money maker.